Saturday, August 16, 2008

English Oral

Yay! English Oral's over....finally? As I stepped into the exam hall, I was so nervous that I kept swallowing my saliva until my mouth and throat felt so dry. My nightmare came when JX(the candidate before me) stood up from the preparing table and moved towards the 2 examiners. I then proceeded to the table with anxiety, picked up the file with the question and started reading...
READING ALOUD
PREPARATION:Hell...the word "designated" was rather confusing as I was wondering whether it was pronounced as "design-nae-ted" or "dair-seeg-nae-ted". In the end i picked the 2nd one because it sounded more difficult.
ACTUAL: Stuttered like mad as my eyes seemed to deceive me after every word i read...wth i was so nervous that i forgot to enunciate all the word ending consonants sobsob =(
PICTURE
PREPARATION:Moved on to picture and wow! I saw a disabled person and people helping him up the bus... tried to interpret everyone's feelings and thoughts like andre told me to.
ACTUAL: Surprised that 1st question was "how do you think the people are helping the disabled person". I always thought it would be "What do you thing is happening in this picture?"As usual i didn't talk a lot about this and the examiner prompted me 3 times X(
CONVERSATION
PREPARATION:Then I tried to speculate the conversation topic to be something about disabled because both reading and picture have disabled people.
ACTUAL:To my horror, it was about nature...wtf? The picture didn't even have a scent of nature in it. WHAT IS THE COMMON THEME THEN??
1st Question was "Tell me about a time when u went to a natural conserved area?" and someone like me...go out? go natural areas?...maybe when i was dreaming? So i talked about Bukit Timah Nature reserve and randomly took out my favorite animal---MONKEY =) Again 3 prompts altogether =C
2nd Question was so much on geography-"Do you think natural areas should be conserved and wildlife should be protected?" Well, that was probably the only time i loved geography... I took out the concepts of ecotourism and spammed the definition and benefits (ie. countries should set aside National Park to promote eco-tourism as well as minimise environmental damage.) Good news...or bad news...There is NO prompt for me for this question...It may imply that I talked extensively enough =) but it may also mean that the examiners are bored with me speech and don't wanna hear me speak anymore.
After the oral i went down to canteen to watch LiJiaWei vs a china table tennis player and many people cheered and LiJiaWei scored a point. Went to lan to play dota and won both games... pooned andre who only know how to use troll warlord haha my team and I got a lot of teamwork and my role was to KS!!! ^_^

0 comments: