Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm back!! At the moment

Some of my classmates who happen to stalk my blog even if it's dead reminded me (And telling everyone in the process) that I have a blog and I realised that they copied the image of the blog title with the unglam "Chinese sucked" title when they presented a study on communication technology.. In order to prevent that from happening again, I have created a post such that the unglamorous post will not appear in anyone's powerpoint slides... Of course, I won't stop you if you happened to use some of the beautiful pictures which can be found in some parts of my blog for presentations or some sort.. Since I'm blogging before I disappear again for another few years or so, I shall talk about some issues which arose from the time I was away.

Firstly, during my absence, I went to Germany for a 2 weeks holiday. It was a almost purely shopping trip as most of the time were spent shopping in cities like Hannover (where my sis lives), Berlin, Hamburg ... and of course not forgetting the ultra-long train journey which costs 28euros (~60SGD) for a 2-way trip to each city. In Germany everything is twice as expensive as in Singapore T_T so I didn't manage to buy a lot of things (though my sis and aunt still managed to buy a few dozens of shopping bags of clothes and accessories.) One of the most unforgettable experience is that it was the 1st time I've ever played with fireworks (thanks singapore!!).. It was frightening so I didn't want to play too much haha. And one more thing - I realised that I hate alcoholic drinks (maybe at the moment) because they taste bitter, and Germany didnt have any restrictions on age limits on alcohol (thanks singapore again!!)

After the trip, it is back to crazy holiday homework rushing (which the teachers didn't even bother to mark). Well I suppose it's supposed to rob us of our holidays and waste our time but give us more practice so that we will not forget our A levels... When school reopened I was back to the busy life... ahem...

Talking about A levels, I had 2 A level subject results, one being satisfactory, the other being.. bad i suppose, but neither being important haha... For my mother tongue (most commonly known as the most useless subject in school) I had a result that somehow astounded my chinese teacher.. Whereas for my project work, my result probably astounded the whole school (I'm one of the only 2 people in school who managed to get that grade!!)

Now the major problem is my student's portfolio since I didn't really actively participate in school activities since I joined TJ. What to write for top 3 achievements man... I only got a bronze award for chemistry olympiad and it's so shameful to write that as an achievement... Leo Club (my CCA) is an option but I don't really know what activities I have participated in... And even if I take the Nanyang Concept Test and get some sort of an award the award will probably not be out before I submit my achievements draft.. Somemore my civics tutor is going to write about my personality and she happens to teach a subject that requires handing in of homework and usually I tend to purposely forget about it.. My goodness my student portfolio is gonna suck T_T

Schoolwork aside, I have been exposed to korean pop by my good friends Aish, Ida and Germaine... Ever since I listened to SNSD's Gee I fell in love with the song and forgot about 2ne1 which was my favorite korean girl band... Omg when I went on to listen to their songs I realised that they sing really nice songs!! I didn't like them coz i was brainwashed by the 3 friends mentioned earlier who don't like them but now I realised that they're damn hot and pretty and cute and their songs are fantastic!!!
Currently my favorite korean bands are superjunior and SNSD which happen to be the largest boy and girl bands in Korea..

Hahaha Omg I can't believe so many months have passed since I last blogged... Tomorrow is my napha test and I'm aiming to get at least 3 points for it (overall, not individual lol) so wish me all the best!! JL Hwaiting!!

0 comments: